Estero initially began as rural citrus lands, but has since developed into a very desirable community in Southwest Florida. In 2014, the Village of Estero was officially incorporated, making it one of the newest cities in Lee County. Centrally located and convenient to almost everything, it is perfect for people that want to be close to it all.
- Followers of religious figure, Cyrus Teed, put Estero on the map when they established their community along the Estero River in early 1900’s.
- Estero features over 35 individual master-planned communities that offer some of the most desirable amenities and recreation in Southwest Florida.
- Estero is Spanish for “estuary,” an area where the river meets the sea.
- Estero is home to Florida Gulf Coast University, a state school that has experienced tremendous growth and success since its inception in 1991.
- Hertz relocated its corporate headquarters to Estero in 2014, bringing 750 new jobs to the area.
Our Top 5:
Southwest Florida’s premier entertainment venue that is home to the Florida Everblades hockey team. Learn More
Koreshan State Park
Explore beautifully maintained historic structures and settlements that date back to 1882. The park also has a full-facility campground. Learn More
Over 140 top designer and brand name outlets with savings of up to 70% off retail. Who doesn’t love that? Learn More
Estero River Outfitters
Located directly on the river, you can purchase or rent kayaks and paddleboards to explore the estuaries. They also have a fishing tackle shop and live bait if you want to wet a line. Learn More
A picturesque outdoor mall featuring over 140 stores, movie theater, and wide variety of dining options. Learn More
Village of Estero – Visit Website
Estero Chamber of commerce – Visit Website[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]
[awesome-weather location="Estero" forecast_days="hide" custom_bg_color="transparent" custom_bg_color="#0066aa"]