An Opportunity at Port of the Islands
Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort and Land for Development, located in Naples, FL, provide a multitude of options for creating a unique and exclusive destination within the world renowned Florida Everglades, including a hotel/resort, timeshare facilities, multi‐ family residences, townhouses, or family care facilities.
What’s for sale?
There are two major components that are being sold together:
1. Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort (a condo‐hotel)
2. Estimated 6.284 Acres of Land for Development (not a part of the condo‐hotel)
Port of the Islands is a landmark WATERFRONT property that has been in operation since 1968. It is rich in history, popular with Anglers, and provides an easy and rewarding way to experience the one and only Florida Everglades.
- The property offers direct water access to the Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge and the Gulf of Mexico. There are only two prominent boating access points to the Ten Thousand Islands from U.S. 41 and one of them is at Port of the Islands.
- There is an on‐ site full service state‐ of‐ the‐ art Marina (with Ships Store and Public Boat Ramp) that is owned and maintained by Collier County, Florida.
- There is a premier Gun Club adjacent to the Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort and Land for Development that offers the only trap and skeet, five stand sporting and sporting clays course in Collier County, Florida.
- The Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort and Land for Development is surrounded by millions of acres of protected state and national parks and preserves, with endless outdoor recreational opportunities.
- The Port of the Islands Community District where the listed property is located also has a 174 Boat Slip Marina Association, 165 Single Family Lots, and 644 Multi‐ Family Lots. The Port of the Islands Community District provides the local governmental services for the community, including treatment and distribution of water, collection and treatment of waste water, road maintenance, irrigation water, and other municipal services.
- The Faka‐ Union Canal that runs through the Port of the Islands Community District, is approximately 2.5 miles long with a slow speed zone. However, travelling through the canal to the Gulf of Mexixo is scenic with an abundance of wildlife to behold. The fishing charters at Port of the Islands Marina use the canal as an added eco‐ tour attraction.
- Nearby recreation includes everything from world class fishing to marksmanship, hiking, paddling, secluded beaches, nature photography, eco‐ touring, and championship golf. The existing Resort already has established affiliations with local guides to provide professional outdoor adventure experiences to the Resort’s guests.
- The property provides an exclusive and secluded old Florida feel, yet is just a twenty minute drive away from metropolitan Naples and Marco Island, and is less than a two hour drive from Miami.
- Distances to nearby municipal services:
- There are three hospitals within equal distance of the property, each at just a twenty minute drive away.
– The Naples Airport is a twenty minute drive and the Southwest Florida International Airport is just a fifty minute drive.
Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort is a commercial condo‐ hotel with 86 Hotel Units and 8 Commercial Units.
- The 86 Hotel Units and 8 Commercial Units comprise the total 94 Voting Interests of the condominium association known as Port of the Islands Resort Hotel Condominium Association, Inc.
- SunStream owns 45 of the 86 Hotel Units, and all 8 Commercial Units.
- Ownership of the 8 Commercial Units provides control of on‐ site property rental management. The 8 Commercial Units include:
- Commercial Unit #1: Front Desk and Administrative Offices
- Commercial Unit #2: Grand Lobby
- Commercial Unit #3: Meeting/Conference Room (for up to 50 persons) & Housekeeping/Laundry Department
- Commercial Unit #4: Maintenance & Restaurant Kitchen
- Commercial Unit #5: Restaurant Dining Room
- Commercial Unit #6: Cocktail Lounge & Outdoor Tiki Bar
- Commercial Unit #7: Billiards/Bridge/Poker Room & Fitness Room
- Commercial Unit #8: Swimming Pool
- Ownership of the 8 Commercial Units also provides the ability for the owner to sell up to 1,500 “Club” memberships to the general public whereby members are entitled to use the facilities of the Commercial Units in the same manner as an owner of a Hotel Unit. Owners of a Hotel Unit automatically become Club members. Presently, only 261 memberships have been sold.
- The rental management rights and Club ownership rights are established as defined within sections 10.4 and 10.5 of the recorded Declaration of Condominium of Port of the Islands Resort Hotel Condominium Association, Inc.
- Hotel license is in place offering daily, weekly, and monthly rentals.
- SunStream has made approximately $1M in improvements to the seawall boardwalk, landscaping, site lighting, the Grand Lobby, commercial unit and common area carpeting, pool furniture, sales center, and parking lot. In 2015, SunStream refurbished its Hotel Units, as well as made various improvements to the Sales Center and Commercial Units.
- SunStream has established affiliations with local licensed guides to provide professional outdoor guided adventure experiences to the Resort’s guests, which include marksmanship, paddling, nature photography, eco‐ touring, fishing, and more.
There are few opportunities – and even fewer locations – to develop in the Everglades and Ten Thousand Islands environment. The distinct advantages of developing the land at Port of the Islands include:
- The Land for Development, which is separate from the condo‐hotel , is an estimated 6.284 Acres zoned Residential‐ Tourist (RT), which provides for a variety of land uses including hotel, residential, timeshare facilities, townhouses or family care facilities.
- The Land is in one of the LAST sites in the Florida Everglades with full entitlement and development rights, creating an opportunity that is extremely rare in the region, which will provide a major advantage for development and promotion.
- As there is an existing Port of the Islands community, development of the Land will not disturb pristine Everglades land.
- The Land has zoning approved for future development of up to 94 2‐ Bed/2‐ Bath Units, or 153 Hotel Units, or a mix of both…. up to 10 stories with incredible panoramic views!
Additional assets included in the sales package which can serve as amenities for the Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort or the Land for Development are:
- 20 Bellingham Concrete Floating Boat Slips. The submerged land beneath the Boat Slips is owned Fee Simple and is NOT leased from the State of Florida.
- 1 newly renovated Sales Office Building with U.S. 41 frontage (for property sales related to the Land for Development). The Sales Office Building sits on .203 Acres of land zoned Residential‐Tourist (RT).
- A newly added 1.217 Acre 92 Space Parking Lot zoned General Commercial (C‐4).
For immediate questions regarding this listing, please complete the form below or call 239-765-4111. Thank you for your interest in this great property![contact-form-7 id=”3287″ title=”POI Contact Form”][/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][/vc_row]